Radiant Living #3: Listening is powerful!
Welcome to the 3rd Sunday edition of Radiant Living.
Sign up for Radiant Living newsletter | Krystal Ariel delivers expert advice on living your best life every weekday and Sunday. Get it sent to your inbox.
I’m just going to say it, we talk way too freaking much. So much stimulation. So much noise! Some of us love the sound of our own voices too much and it’s sound pollution. But while we’re flapping our gums, what might we be missing? The sound of birds chirping, nature singing? The sound of someone we love trying to share their heart with us? The sound of that still, small celestial voice trying to speak to us?
My late teacher Bobby Klein once shared this grand piece of wisdom with me:
“Shut the fuck up and listen! Listening is powerful!” …and it is! (He said it in the most gentle way 🤣)
5 Ways to Become a Better Listener
This is so important – take your time and start this email if you can’t watch them all right now.
- Julian Treasure is one of my favorites on the subject.
- “Distracted listening may not be as dangerous as distracted driving, but it’s a big problem.”
- “Listening well is essential to help you control your anger and create calmer, happier, and more loving relationships.”
- “These listening skills will help you have better conversations and ask powerful questions.”
- Here’s another golden nugget from Julian Treasure – and hopefully by now you love him, too!
The moral of the story is, the world is full of noise and people who love talking. The world needs more people who LISTEN and if you can master it, you will have the world at your fingertips.
A daily micro newsletter to motivate and inspire your personal growth and well-being